Simple Tips To Keep Your Spine Healthy As You Age
- Dr. Charla Fischer
- Apr 10, 2017
Strained muscles, spinal stenosis, and herniated disc can take some time for diagnosis and treatment. There are millions of people who are affected by the back pain and this condition can hinder their quality of life to a great extent. To prevent yourself from back pain or to keep your spine healthy, you need not be an expert in the physical fitness. By adopting a simple exercising program that is focused on stretching and strengthening the back, goes a long way in accelerating your healing process. It keeps your muscles, discs, ligaments and joints healthy.
While it is not possible to avoid the back pain, but the time to start protecting yourself against any issues at the later stages is now. It will keep you stronger when you get older, so start exercising regularly so that you can keep off the excess weight and have a lean body. This will strengthen the core muscles in your abdomen and back. This can be done through targeted stretches or safe aerobic activities. You can include walking, jogging, bicycling, swimming and yoga into your routine for spine treatment NY.
Always keep a note of the right posture as it will help low back pain, especially if you work for long hours in front of the computer. You can make the adjustments needed so that you have right lumbar support. Do not lift heavy objects, but in case you do, make a note of using right bending, twisting and lifting techniques.
Simple tips to keep your spine healthy
If you suffer from chronic back pain or are looking for spine treatment NY, it is good to consult a specialist, who will study your condition and determine the cause. You might be advised about over-the-counter medications for controlling pain and inflammation. Regular exercises and a healthy diet can do wonders for your wellbeing.
- Strengthen your core muscles with the help of targeted exercises which include aerobics, forwards bending and bending backward.
- Avoid putting undue stress on your back; this can be done by practicing right posture and making ergonomic adjustments to your workstation.
- Do not lift heavy objects, especially the ones that are almost 25% heavier than your body weight.
- Consider opting for a mattress that provides better support to your back or changes your sleeping posture, if you feel trouble with the back in the morning.
- Eat a balanced diet, especially the anti-inflammatory foods and Calcium and Vitamin D, which keeps your bones strong.
- If you suffer from stress, find ways that can help to relax and loosen your neck and back.
- Depression can also play a significant role in the low back pain if you suffer from taking counseling as it helps you to treat your condition.
Tags : Spine Treatment NY, low back pain treatment NY